Urinary incontinence is leaking urine that you can’t control yourself. Many men and women suffer from urinary incontinence. Unfortunately most people think that incontinence is a defect and shy to tell their problem. But there are some techniques to remove the problem.
Many people think urinary incontinence is just part of getting older. But it’s a wrong believe. This article aims to investigate you to talk your doctor to treat the problem soon, know what kind of incontinence you have and find out what treatment is best for you.
Urinary incontinence has no age limitation. The possibility of urinary incontinence increase during the pregnancy. Pelvic floor muscles support the organs of this area has important role in keeping stability of back and pelvic. Keeping the urine in bladder is one the most important tasks of pelvic floor muscles.
In some cases, the structure of uthera may fall down and results in leakage of urine when one coughs, laughs and etc. many women have this problem with no symptoms. No surgery is needed in these asymptomatic patients. But, when symptoms occur, new technologies are used.
Urinary continence in women is twice of men, especially among women who have given birth due to uterine pressure.
Types of urinary incontinence involves:
- Stress incontinence: Urine leaks when you exert pressure on your bladder.
- The following actions may trigger stress incontinence:
- A sudden cough
- Heavy lifting
- Urge incontinence: You have a sudden, intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine.
The urge incontinence may cause by:
- Severe condition such as neurologic disorder or diabetes
MonaLisa touch with using CO2 laser, is an effective method to treat the vaginal problems and urinary incontinence. This method is painless, so there’s no need of local anesthesia. No incision and suture is created, so there’s no need to hospitalization.
Benefits of MonaLisa touch, is to:
- Eliminate itching and irritation
- Eliminate pain during intercourse
- Increase tissue quality and vaginal tightness
- Eliminate urinary incontinence
Durability of this method remains for years. The patients should do laser therapy regularly that usually 1 t0 3 meeting is needed.
Urinary incontinence isn’t always preventable. However, to help decrease your risk:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Practice pelvic floor exercise, specially during pregnancy
- Avoid bladder irritants, such as smoking, caffeine and acidic foods
- Eat more fiber, which can prevent constipation, a cause of urinary incontinence
Dr. Leila Khalil’s recommendations for urinary incontinence
- balanced weight
Overweighting can enter more pressure into bladder. Having a healthy diet is so important.
- Pelvic exercise
Dr. suggests that these exercises should be done by consultation with a gynecologist. Bladder is connected with the nerve of pelvic floor muscles. And doing the exercises may help controlling urination.
- Precaution in drug usage
As statistics show, using more than 300 drugs and tablets cause urinary incontinence. Before using the drugs, consult with a doctor. A gynecologist can remove your problem.
- The impact of feeding in urinary incontinence
Using less liquids results in constipation and thicken the urine. Against, using more liquids cause urinary incontinence.
- Using some drugs such as alchohol or drinks may cause urinary incontinence. Each person should drink 8 glasses of water all day long.
- Natural childbirth can effect on urinary incontinence.
As a result, through doing pelvic floor exercise and have a balanced diet and weight and even using MonaLisa touch, you can control the problem of urinary incontinence. Once treatment, the symptoms are never returned.
Contact Dr. Mitra Bahmanpour, Gynecologist
Address: Khalij Fars Building. Next to 18th st. Velenjak. Tehran. Iran
Tell: +9821- 26641827