- After menopause
- During years leading up to menopause
- Low testosterone
- After surgical removal of both ovaries
Women will experience problems such as vaginal dryness. Even young women may experience these problems due to stress, anxiety, smoking, chemotherapy or hormonal changes.
Vaginal atrophy and dryness leads to various problems:
- Reducing collagen
- Thinning vaginal wall
- Reducing elasticity of vaginal wall
- Reducing blood flow of the vagina
- Painful intercourse
How to diagnose vaginal atrophy?
Women who have above mentioned signs and symptoms, suffer from vaginal atrophy. Older women should pay more attention to their health and visit a gynecologist if having any genital problem.
To diagnose vaginal atrophy, doctors recommend to perform following test:
- Pelvic exams
- Urine test
- Acid balance test: which involves taking a sample of vaginal fluids or placing a paper indicator strip in your vagina to test its acid balance.
Vaginal atrophy treatment
Treatment ways of vaginal atrophy are as follows:
- Hormonal treatment: this treatment has high sensitivity and is usually used for women who have cancer. Patients should have treatment process for a long time.
- Plastic surgery: this treatment has high costs and risks such as, anesthesia, bleeding incisions and sutures. Patients should avoid sexual intercourse for a long time after treatment.
- Vaginal laser therapy: patients should know, the process of this treatment to treat vaginal atrophy. This laser, with using CO2 creates small incisions in vaginal wall to stimulate collagen, which affects on vaginal rejuvenation and new tissues.
Vaginal laser and MonaLisa touch, is the most effective way to treat vaginal problems and has no need to vaginal cosmetic surgery and medication. This is an available will less damages procedure.
Contact Dr. Mitra Bahmanpour, Gynecologist
Address: Khalij Fars Building. Next to 18th st. Velenjak. Tehran. Iran
Tell: +9821- 26641827