Urinary tract infection during pregnancy, is a common problem for pregnant women. Urinary tract infection (UTI) also known as a bladder infection, is a bacterial inflammation of urinary tract. Dr. Bahmanpour, prescribe urine test for pregnant women.
What are signs of UTI?
– Pain or burning while urination
– Pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse
– Pain in lower abdomen
– Blood or mucus in the urine
– Need to urinate more than usual
– Change in amount of urine
– Pain and pressure in bladder
Untreated urinary tract infection can lead to kidney infection, and then, can cause early labor or low birth weight. It’s better to know symptoms of kidney infection:
– Pain in lower back or side
– Nausea and vomiting
Urinary infection is diagnosed by a urine test. Bladder inflammation (cystitis) removed by antibiotics. The gynecologist usually prescribes a 3-7 day course of antibiotics.
After treatment of bladder inflammation and urinary infection, again urine test is done to sure the existence of infection. Urine culture also can be helpful.
How to prevent urinary tract infection during pregnancy?
– Drink more water and fluids. 6-8 glasses a day.
– Avoid to drink fruit juice, alcohol and sugar.
– Urinate before and after sexual intercourse.
– Change your underwear every day.
– Keep your genital area with mild soap and water.
Contact Dr. Mitra Bahmanpour, Gynecologist
Address: Khalij Fars Building. Next to 18th st. Velenjak. Tehran. Iran
Tell: +9821- 26641827