Cryotherapy of genital warts
Genital warts are soft growths which can be seen on the both men and women genital. Warts are caused by a virus which is called human papilloma virus. Warts transmitted during the sexual intercourse.
To treat these warts, following problems should be considered first:
- Removing physical waste on the body
- Removing viruses inside the blood
Cryotherapy (cryosurgery) removes genital warts by freezing them with liquid nitrogen.
This surgery is done by creating a blister around the warts, then dead tissue will be fallen and a new skin is replaced. Pain and swelling may be seen after cryotherapy of genital warts.
- Doctors applies nitrogen with about 196 temperature to and around the warts. This lasts depends on the size and deepness of the warts. And may repeat to remove genital warts completely.
- Then, some blisters created in this area. There is risk of flaking few days after surgery, that is natural and common.
- After cryotherapy, skin seems so natural and there is low risk of scar on the skin. After surgery, some spots remain on the area that nitrogen is applied, and these spots are continual. Deep and prolonged frigidity increases risk of white spots.
It should be noted, deep wastes need more and heavy frigidity, and sensory nerve of skin stimulates. You may feel numbness on the injected area that returns to its normal situation, few weeks or months after surgery.
Cryotherapy of genital warts is usually done in your doctor’s office or clinic. A magnifying instrument may be used to see the abnormal tissue better.
Contact Dr. Mitra Bahmanpour, Gynecologist
Address: Khalij Fars Building. Next to 18th st. Velenjak. Tehran. Iran
Tell: +9821- 26641827